Pyke Quarry Household Recycling Centre, near Horsley, will be temporarily closed from Monday June 4 to Friday 22 June inclusive. During the closure, the county council will be carrying out important improvement work at the site.
The work includes:-
- Changing the method used to compact some types of waste and recycling materials. A mobile materials handler will replace the existing equipment which is old, frequently breaks down and is expensive to maintain. The new method will also give more operational flexibility
- Removing the five existing fixed compactors and providing new open top skips to enable the switch to mobile compaction
- Carrying out ground repairs and casting a large new concrete pad in readiness for the new waste compaction machinery
- Renewing the signs for the waste and recycling material containers
- Renewing the white lining
The site staff will also undergo training so they can operate the new mobile compactor.
During the site closure all other household recycling centres will be open as normal.
The closest alternative centres are Hempsted in Gloucester and Fosse Cross near Cirencester.
For a full list of the household recycling centres in Gloucestershire visit: https://www.recycleforgloucestershire.com/household-recycling-centres-hrcs/your-nearest-recycling-centre/
Pyke Quarry HRC will re-open on Saturday 23rd June.
Officer contact: Roger Smith email@example.com